A few words about the hard to get and very limited beers.
Due to the amount of new and hard to get beers we are receiving, I am going to start putting a 7 day time limit on pick ups from the reservation day. With demand on these beers and so many people looking for them, we just cannot sit on them in the back room for weeks.
For example, on the Founders Better Half (if it comes today) -- you must pick this beer up by Thursday Feb 23, 7pm. The beer will go back on the shelf starting the next day**. We will not make phone call reminders, so please don't forget to pick up your beer. We just need to streamline, these allocated beers as they are taking a lot of time. The amount of labor and time it is taking for these is becoming too much.
Just a reminder on how the online reservations work....these are some points and questions that always come up when we do the online fast reservation...
After I post the link, it usually goes fast...
- Just getting an order in is no guarantee
- Wait for a confirmation - could take a few minutes
- If you hit the link and the beer does not appear, that means it sold out already
- If you have it in your cart and it will not let you check out, that means I turned it off and it is sold out.
- Many of these only take a few minutes to sell out.
- We have tried many methods, and this one still seems to be the fairest.
- We know some people cannot get internet access during business hours, but if we just put it on the shelf, it would still be an issue if you are stuck at work.
** I will not take any more reservations on those beers that are being put back on the shelf. Please don't call or ask for those beers when you come in, we will sporadically put them on the shelf for regular shoppers to find over the next week. This again will be a way to reward the regular beers shoppers at our store (as people keep asking us to do). The beers won't be hidden, Founders will be on the Founders shelf, just like the other day somebody scored a Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee on the Goose Island shelf.
Thanks very much for understanding! We want to make it as easy as possible and as smooth as possible.